Building a Data Warehouse (DWH)
Scalable data warehousing solutions for your requirements
Data warehouse solutions are at the heart of an information-oriented organization and provide a consistent and comprehensive foundation of data for best results with reporting applications, OLAP or data mining analyses.
We offer a scalable approach for data warehousing that places emphasis on standardized processes for integration of data (monitoring, data cleansing, data enrichment and transformation) to ensure a high level of data quality.
Our data warehousing service portfolio comprises:
- Strategy and architecture consultations
- Feasibility studies and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Conception and modeling
- Product evaluation
- Project organization and controlling
- Project and quality management
Because we work with leading software solution providers and select collaboration partners, we’re able to guarantee successful and prompt project execution.
Easy-to-grasp dashboards provide a quick global overview of the organization’s current performance. Scorecards can be structured to display the most important organizational metrics as key performance indicators (KPIs).
Our solution provides a unified reporting and dashboarding platform for visualizing and distributing information, which simplifies integration into existing portal solutions (e.g. intra- or extranets). With this flexible platform as a company-wide reporting tool, users not only have fast access to organizational data but can expand existing reports or create new ones even without special programming skills. Access via mobile devices is also possible.
Our dashboard solutions feature:
- A variety of visual representations, including all established diagrams (graphs, bar charts, etc.)
- Powerful chart components
- Support for a wide range of output formats (PDF, HTML, TIFF, XLS, XML, CSV, etc.)
- Generation and adaptation of static and interactive reports – without the need for programming
- Automatic updating and distribution of reports
- Simple integration into the organization’s existing portals
- User-specific subscription function
Business Performance Management
Optimization of the business strategy as ultimate goal
BALANCED SCORECARD: This approach allows for a comprehensive overview of all relevant business areas and makes it possible to measure and carry out complex strategic objectives.
With our eScoreCard we can implement the concept of a scorecard in diverse areas of the business. This provides a tool that both supports your organization with strategy development and ensures the sustainable implementation thereof. Which, in turn, assures continuous, systematic management.
Typical areas of application (taken from some of our previous balanced scorecard projects):
- QM planning and control
- Risk management
- Customer relationship management/customer care
- Supply chain management
The main point of our consultation is not so much the final creation of strategy papers as it is to guide and support you as you implement and execute that strategy. The goal is to establish a balanced scorecard for customer-facing operative management and control practices. Methods such as data warehousing and data mining augment the process and underlie the implementation.
CONTROLLING: Because of what they do, controlling systems are complex governance applications in which planning, monitoring and supervisory tasks are necessarily interwoven and fitted together in a cybernetic loop.
Ongoing structural changes pose further challenges to developing MIS and control systems, although the most important focus is value-oriented growth in all business areas. You can transform your strategic decision making in the context of daily revenue-boosting activities by making information about earnings, costs and risks more available throughout the organization.
The DYMATRIX controlling concept takes into account all relevant data regarding transactions both on and off the balance sheet.
The system architecture, based on data warehouse technology, facilitates integration of the necessary data from diverse feeder systems. Structured data storage and preparation according to profit centers, customers, customer segments and product types permit detailed analyses of the resulting structures.
The scalable architecture of our data warehouse solutions can be increased as much as required and is therefore ideal for organizational structures that are subject to change. For this reason, the solution is applicable to all areas of management:
- Balance sheet or income statement planning / treasury
- Income management / profit center controlling
- Risk management and controlling
By employing the latest web-based technologies and collaborating with leading software houses and business partners, DYMATRIX CONSULTING GROUP can ensure integration of its Controlling Data Warehouse into any intra- or extranet.
Data Quality Management
Inferior data quality can exert diverse negative impacts on day-to-day business.
- At the operational level, inferior data quality leads to unmotivated employees, dissatisfied customers and, in the end, higher costs
- At the tactical level, a deficient basis of data leads to bad decision making within the organization
- At the strategic level, uncertainty about data hinders the formulation and implementation of organizational strategies
That’s why, in addition to the integration and networking of information systems, companies must ensure they have adequate data quality – both internally and organization-wide. We would love to advise you and support you with our concepts and extensive experience along your way to holistic data quality management.
Data quality reporting
The current data loading status is provided in a report that gives information on the start- and endpoints of the data package being loaded, as well as its status and the number of lines already loaded. Upon completion or failure of the process, a PDF is sent to the system administrator with detailed error messages and a load report
During deduplication, doubled data entries are analyzed against available customer characteristics such as email addresses, birth dates, ID documents, etc. The process applies fuzzy logic algorithms that detect words and character chains based on similarities.
To improve the quality of addresses, we use several auditing procedures:
- Correction of misspelled or changed place names or postal codes; the respective syntax is standardized, providing a better basis for further deduplication
- Changes of address are checked against standard address lists from postal authorities
- Cross-checking whether recipient is deceased
Geoanalysis / socio-demographic data
Geocoding associates the corresponding geographical coordinates with each address, thereby making it possible to group addresses into areas not bounded by classical postal codes. This enables calculation of customer-relevant parameters such as distance to the next branch office or airport, for example.